onsdag 17. august 2016

Noroff nettstudie - Introduction week - Game asset

Wednesday
With the second day of online study, my assignment was to make a simple game asset.

After around an hour of thinking, I decided to make a hand grenade.


Work





During the progress of making the grenade, I noticed that it had been a long time since I last used Maya. ( Or any 3d modelling software anyway)


But after just playing around with different shapes, I came back on track.







According to the assignment, I will be using this asset later on, so I'm excited to for that.

I used around 1 hour figuring out the idea, 2 hours modelling, and 20 minutes unwrapping.


UPDATE*
Thursday

After feedback from the teacher, I added more polygons to the pin-ring, making it more rounded off.


While I was at it, I also decided to texture it using Mudbox (Only diffuse though).



I then brought my asset into Unreal Engine 4, made two quick different landscapes and placed the grenade the way I think it would lay on the ground.
I decided to have it laying on the ground as opposed to having it stand up because it looks more authentic. I wanted it to look like it had been lost.





UPDATE*
Friday

Today's task is to bring everything into the correct folders for delivery of the assignment (Project 00).


Reflection

I think this week has been quite easy, but that makes sense counsidering it's the first week after all.
I haven't really learned anything new, except for the new folder structure for delivery.
Generally an easy but fun week.

Ingen kommentarer:

Legg inn en kommentar